I can't believe this is going to be my last pregnancy update (I think). I may do one right at the end if i'm overdue and heading into month 10 (good lord), but hopefully I won't have to. As of today, i'm 36 weeks pregnant and in my 9th month of pregnancy. It's surreal. I don't think Trevor realizes that this baby could come any day now. He still acts like we have a ton of time, but realistically there's a lot of people who go into labor early. 37 weeks is considered early term, and 38+ is considered full term so I do want to cook the baby a little bit longer especially for lung development, but really if he would come today he would be just fine.
Most first time moms are overdue and i'm anticipating that I will be too. My mom was overdue by 5 days with me when she went into labor naturally. I do NOT want to be induced, so i'm going to pray that my body will go into labor on its own. My midwife told me that she will let me go until 42 weeks before she will induce me and i'm willing to wait that long if need be. 42 weeks will be May 2nd, which seems like a lifetime away! But I guess we will see!
At 36 weeks pregnant, i'm over it. For real. This past month has been quite the change for me and I can tell that the end is near. I'm getting so uncomfortable that it's hard to sleep. I also have to wake up 3-4 times a night to pee. I can't sit up straight or bend over my belly to eat, and the most comfortable position is reclining. I feel like he's running out of room in there (because he is).
I will say that my saving grace is that my feet and hands aren't swollen yet. A lot of people are surprised by this, my midwife + OBs included. I hope they stay small because I don't know how i'm going to work with swollen feet. I'm pretty much ready to start my maternity leave now. I'm debating when I want to officially start it.. i'm currently thinking either 38 or 39 weeks. This will give me time to relax and just make sure last minute things are ready for baby. Either way, I only have a few weeks of work left!
Labor prep wise, i've been drinking red raspberry leaf tea since 32 weeks. It's supposed to tone your uterus that way when you go into labor, your contractions are stronger and it won't last as long. I will say that I can feel myself having Braxton Hicks contractions right after I drink this, so it is definitely doing something! I've recently made pitchers full of this stuff and will sip on it all day long.
I haven't really been walking or anything lately but i'm so active during the day that I feel like that is enough. On my days off from work i'm constantly on my feet cleaning, doing laundry, cleaning out the cars, etc so I stay busy, and then when i'm at work on constantly on the go there too. I'm sure at the very end i'll be hiking the stairs at work (I work on the 7th floor), and probably walking a few miles a day too but for now i'm just trying to take it easy. My lower back is in excruciating pain when I do too much, and because i'm still working, I'm trying to take it easy so i'm not miserable at work.
The animals love to hang out in the nursery and i'm excited to see what they think once baby is here.
I also bought this baby book and started filling it out. It is so sweet and has already made me cry. I can't believe he's going to be here so soon.
We also installed the car seat into the Jeep, so it is ready to go!
Finally, here's my pregnancy updates that i've been doing every month!
How far along are you? 36 weeks today.
What fruit are you? Baby Beiswenger is the size of a bunch of kale, a ripe papaya, or a chihuahua haha. My apps are estimating him to be around 6 pounds. He gained 3 pounds in the last month!
Total weight gain/loss: As of today, right at 30lbs which i'm happy with. The recommended weight gain is 25-35lbs so I should be right in there when I deliver, unless I gain a bunch of water/swelling weight at the end.
Exercise: A few walks here and there, but constantly on the move cleaning the house, scrubbing the floors, and running around at work!
Stretch marks: UGH. Guys, this whole time i've been bragging that I haven't got stretch marks. And then week 32 hit, and they started appearing. I swear I wake up with more and more on my belly every day! Oh well... I guess i'm just part of the "mom club" now, and in a way i'm sort of proud of them because hey, I freaking grew a human in my belly.
Swelling: None yet! I'm praying I don't jinx myself with this one.
Maternity clothes: Leggings 24.7. Trev's t-shirts. Basically whatever I can find to cover this bump.
Sleep: The pregnancy pillow is a godsend, but yeah i'm uncomfortable every night. Also still waking up 2-3 times a night to pee.
Food cravings: Milk is still my #1, and i've been chowing down on bowls of golden grahams.
Symptoms: This section may be TMI, but it's real. Lower back pain. Hemorrhoids. A swollen vagina. Peeing every 10 minutes. Lightning crotch. Being exhausted all the time.
Movement: He's almost out of room and I haven't been feeling many sharp kicks anymore. I mostly just feel him stretching and rolling.
What I miss: Feeling like myself and having more energy. Sleeping on my stomach or on my back.
What I’m loving: Although I'm feeling huge, I love the way my baby bump looks when i'm dressed up or wearing a cute outfit. I'm definitely going to miss the bump. Of course, I still love feeling him move in there. I'm also loving that we are in the home stretch and will get to meet him really soon!
What i’m looking forward to: Meeting him and alllllll the baby snuggles! I'm a firm believer in that you cannot spoil a baby. They are only little once, and i'm going to hold him and snuggle him as much as I want. I also bought a couple baby slings and wraps and am planning on baby wearing a lot.
No comments
Post a Comment