That weekend, we took an 8 hour road trip to Colorado Springs. As we were driving through the rockies to go hiking, I put on this CD. We listened to it while gasping in awe at the yellow aspens, the pines, and the tall mountains.
After that trip, that CD was on repeat in the Jeep. Every time we drove to work, drove home, took a trip to the next town over, we were listening to it.
We later took a trip to the Grand Canyon and blasted it the whole way there. We were soon singing along to every track. When we slept in the back of our Jeep that night, we listened to it quietly in the dark while the rain poured down on the roof. Music has always had a way of taking me back in time to a certain memory or feeling. Now every time I listen to this album, I remember us at the Grand Canyon huddled together in the back of the Jeep trying to sleep, or us driving through the Rocky Mountains.
Yesterday I stumbled upon the music video for the opening track "Sleep On The Floor", and I feel as if this video were made for Trevor and I. Packing up and spontaneously moving across the country. Sleeping in random hotels. Meeting a bunch of new and interesting people. Good music, good food, lots of love for each other. Brushing our teeth with our fingers when we forgot to pack our toothbrushes to the Grand Canyon. Almost running out of gas on I-25. We lived it all, and our adventure is just beginning.

No comments
Post a Comment