Wednesday, June 27, 2018

stuck in a rut

It almost seems as if we are living life in limbo this summer.

Let me explain. I've always been the type of person to plan out my future. I'm the person that routinely writes down her goals and I feel more accomplished in life when I work towards those goals. For a long time, my goal was to graduate nursing school. Once I became a nurse, I worked hard to eventually change specialties to Labor and Delivery. After I became an L&D nurse, Trevor and I worked towards starting our travel nurse careers and so on and so forth. 

Now that we are back home, we currently aren't working towards anything. For a goal oriented person like me, it leaves me feeling stuck, unmotivated, and unaccomplished. I almost feel restless and unsatisfied. With Trevor's surgery coming up in the next month, we really aren't sure what the outcomes are going to be in many aspects. We are praying that this surgery will be the answer to his problems. Physically, he lives in daily pain and often he cannot do things that he enjoys anymore, such as golf, because his back pain is too severe. The hope is is that he will emerge from surgery pain free and that his road to recovery will be short. 

Another thing we are worried about is the financial aspect of the surgery. We really aren't sure what our out of pocket maximum is, so we have been saving up money like crazy so we will be able to pay for the surgery with cash. Trevor will also be out of work anywhere from 3-5 months depending on how his recovery goes, and we will only be getting 60% of his paycheck for that time. Again, we will be able to survive just fine on that income, but it will slow down our debt snowball progress.

It almost seems as if we can't make any future plans at all right now, because we truly aren't sure what the future will hold for Trev. And for a type-A personality like me who needs to have obtainable goals, it's kind of killing me.

Sorry for the short, ranting post, but these are a few things that have been weighing heavily on our minds as of lately. Please think of us these next couple months as we go through this tough time! Hopefully a year from now we can look back on this season of life and be thankful that we made it through and that it was brief.
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig