Sunday, July 8, 2018
A letter to Trev (on our anniversary)
Trevor,
Happy first anniversary! I can't believe it has been a year since the best day of my life with you. I feel like it just happened last week. I think back to the day and how perfect it was, and I wish I could relive it over and over again.
People say that the first year of marriage is the hardest. For us, it really was just another year. Nothing much has changed with the dynamics of our relationship as we already had a house together before we were married. However, I can say that my heart is so much happier knowing that i'm your wife and I love calling you my "husband". There's something so comforting in knowing that you will always be by my side and that I can always count on you.
This past year was a big changing year for us. It started out with us moving to Massachusetts. There we faced many challenges as we were both homesick, didn't like our assignments, and you had the worst back pain you've ever had in your life. Times were difficult and i'm very thankful we made the decision to move back home so you could get the medical care you needed. After two years of you living with this back pain, we are finally receiving answers and I hope this is the last month you have to live with this pain.
Since we've moved home, these past 6 months have been very slow moving for both of us. Waiting on your surgery has been the worst, and I know we will feel better once it is over with and we can finally close this chapter in our lives. We are both somewhat unsatisfied with our careers at the moment, and we aren't sure what our futures will hold after you recover. Will we continue on our travel journey? Will we switch specialties again? Or will one of us return to school to advance our career? We aren't quite sure what paths we will take, but for right now I know we both are yearning for something different.
Everything seems possible with you by my side. I have a lot of dreams and I'm so glad I have you, because if they are realistic, you tell me to go for them. If they are crazy, you tell me to reconsider ;-). But the bottom line is, you support me no matter what and we make a good team. When i'm sick, you run to the store to get me medicine. You also will cook me dinner, draw me a bath, or do whatever it takes to help me feel better. You are a rockstar hubby, and i'm so thankful for you.
I'm so excited for the future with you. This upcoming year will be one for the books. We are heading to Europe in two weeks for the first time, and we are on track to be DEBT FREE this upcoming year as well! This will be the first time in the history of our relationship that we will be debt free and I can't wait to celebrate.
Thank you for being my rock and the guy I can always depend on. Thank you for making me laugh until I cry. Not a day goes by that you aren't making me laugh or crack up at the stupidest things. Thank you for being hard working and doing whatever it takes to provide for us. Thanks for being my teammate in this crazy life and my best friend. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.
Here's to eating our wedding cake and rewatching our wedding video!
Love you Trev.
-Hil
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
©
the "B" team | All rights reserved.

No comments
Post a Comment