I'm currently 31 weeks pregnant and it's hard to believe but 32 weeks actually marks the 8th month of pregnancy. I legit say this every month I post, but time is flying by so quickly. The last month has been so much fun. We finally started decorating the nursery, got the crib and glider set up, and now our next task is to organize the closet. It's coming together so nicely and I can't wait to just have everything in place before he gets here.
Above are some little details I snapped of the nursery in progress. Once everything is finished I'll share all the pictures on here.
Last week Clint and Chels found out what they are having! I was literally counting down the days until they found out because I was so excited. They gave us Krispy Kreme donuts and in the middle was the color of the gender. Trevor and I were so excited when we found out that it's a girl!
I'm sure our babies will grow up to be best friends. They will only be 2 months apart and we are already planning on doing everything together! Chels and I already have a ton of pictures in mind that we want to take of them this year, including ones like this:
We are so excited to watch them grow up together! Also, we are soooo curious to see if our two babies will look alike. We will find out soon! :)
Finally, here's a little bumpdate from the last few weeks.
Heading into month 8, I'm starting to get pretty uncomfortable. My pregnancy so far has been a breeze, but now i'm starting to struggle especially after a long day running around at work. My job requires me to be constantly on the move, to be lifting and moving various equipment, to be bending down to arrange things, pick things off the floor, etc and it honestly is getting exhausting. I've started to notice that I'm having Braxton Hicks contractions when i'm running around at work and that honestly makes me even more uncomfortable. Also, my scrubs aren't fitting right which makes things even worse. I had to size up in shirts from a small to a medium, and now the medium is starting to get tight! I may have to size up again to a large before this is all over. I'm still wearing my small scrub pants, but I have to tie them lower than my belly... the smalls are starting to get a little restricting but when I tried a medium, they fall right off of me and I'm constantly pulling them up! It's just an all around struggle that makes me feel out of my element all day.
I also have all of these things that I want to do before the baby gets here, like clean the basement, finish the nursery, clean the patio furniture and pressure wash the house (when it gets warm out), etc but I'm learning that I just can't do it all anymore. I have a couple good hours of work in me and I will do things in the mornings on my days off, but by about 2pm I have a lot of lower back pain and i'm just plain exhausted.
How far along are you? 31 weeks and 2 days.
What fruit are you? Baby Beiswenger is now the size of a coconut! My apps are estimating him to be around 3.5lbs.
Total weight gain/loss: 24 pounds total. And.. the baby is supposed to gain about 4-5 more pounds before delivery!
Exercise: Nope. Between the terrible weather we've had of it snowing every week and freezing temps and how exhausted i've been after work, it's not happening. I'm hoping that as we get closer to my due date and the weather warms up, i'll be able to take some good long walks to help get things moving!
Stretch marks: None! My mom never got any and my Grandma didn't either, and they both had 9lb babies! So... here's to hoping I carry on that tradition (except the 9lb baby part, haha).
Swelling: none yet. I keep examining my fingers daily because i'm paranoid that my rings are going to get stuck on.
Maternity clothes: My favorite clothes to wear are my leggings and comfy t-shirts.
Sleep: It really is starting to get uncomfortable. I usually can get into a comfy position with my pregnancy pillow, but it just hurts to roll over in the middle of the night. I am also getting up to pee 2-3 times a night.
Food cravings: Milk and rice krispies. I sometimes eat several bowls of rice krispies a day.
Symptoms: Lower back pain, sore legs at the end of the day, a baby who's foot can now reach my ribs, increased shortness of breath, starting to become more tired by the end of the day.
Movement: His kicks have changed from only kicking the sides of my belly to stretching. He always puts his foot on the top right side of my belly and pushes against it. I love pushing back on it and feeling him move it!
What I miss: Normal clothes. Not being uncomfortable. Not having a human who gets bigger every day inside of me, you know.
What I’m loving: I still love feeling him move. I love picturing what he's going to look like and who he's going to be. And I'm soaking in every minute of these final weeks of just Trevor and I. I do have to say that I absolutely love my life right now with Trevor. I am so happy with him and we love just being lazy, sleeping in, doing nothing together, etc. I know things are going to change soon, but hopefully it just makes life even better.
What i’m looking forward to: My baby shower is next weekend and i'm so excited to see everyone! Also in a few weeks Trevor and I are taking a trip to Bedford Springs Spa for our "baby moon". We are going to relax and get massages together!

No comments
Post a Comment