If you want a refresher, here is the post I wrote last year.
Our project list of 2019 consisted of:
1. Hudson's Nursery
I'll admit, this one was my favorite one to complete. When we moved into our home I always dreamed of the day that I could turn it into a nursery. I don't believe I ever actually did a nursery "reveal" here on the blog, but this is what I did to it.
As you remember, I started 2019 out with our spare bedroom looking like this:
I painted, put up a board and batten wall, and bought a cute rug. It was fun putting together our crib and glider. I also painted our spare dresser and added new modern hardware to it. This was how it turned out:
I ripped out our broken closet doors and Trevor and I added new shelves. The plan is to eventually get new doors for it.
2. Our Basement Stairwell
This one is actually still a work in progress. I did start the project. I ripped out the old stair runner, painted the walls and the concrete blocks, painted the ceiling, added new coat hooks and key hooks. I still have to paint the steps, paint the door (or refinish it), add a new stair runner, and it should finally be done. I will say that the stairs have already come a long way, and this project should be completed soon.
3. An Art Shelf in our Living Room
It may have taken me all year, but we finally finished this in December! I am so happy with how it turned out! I gathered up art from around our house to test out what it looks like so I still have to buy new art for it, but this is what it looked like with the temporary fill in art:
4. Move TV, create fireplace "built in" look
So i'm still not sure if I actually want to do this. I would love to put drywall above the fireplace to make the fireplace look built in, but i'm struggling if I want to move the TV or not. It really is one of the only parts of our house that I can't figure out what to do with yet.
Along with this list, I also added a board and batten wall in our living room.
As I am almost done refinishing every room in the house, my project list is getting a little smaller. But here's what i'm looking at this year:
1. Paint the exterior of our home
Our house already looks better after we replaced our roof and got new windows. This year i'm really wanting to paint the exterior, add shutters, window boxes, and new exterior lighting. This project will be completed after we are debt free and have our emergency fund in place, so it may not be done until next fall. But it's the project i'm most excited about as I currently don't like the blue color of our foundation.
I'm still not sure what color(s) I'm going to go with and gotta do a little more research and planning on that part.
2. Finish the basement stairwell
This one should be completed soon!
3. Change all of our outlets and vents to match
This one is small but will make a big impact. When we moved in our outlets were all almond colored. I've been slowly changing them to white, but i'm going to get my brother to change them all to match this year. Same thing with our air vents!
4. Replace the ugly living room fan with a pretty light!
That fan has tormented me ever since we moved in. This is the year that puppy is getting the boot.
5. Add new closet doors to Hudson's closet and a new main light fixture
A small project but should make a difference!
Other projects on the horizon but probably won't be done until 2021:
Refinishing our hardwood floors; Fixing the ceiling in our bedroom; Add new landscaping around our home
A project that will be completed in late 2020 or early 2021 that i'm not excited about but is totally necessary is our new septic system. Our home is desperately in need for a new septic system. We have to empty our septic tank about every 3 months when usually you should be able to go a couple years in between emptying it. The system we need will cost around $20-25,000 unfortunately. We will be saving up for this soon and having the project completed probably next winter.
So yes! That's my list and i'm so excited to start these new projects :) Stay tuned.. i'm try to share more of my progress here on the blog.




No comments
Post a Comment