Monday, April 13, 2020

Easter 2020

Happy Easter Monday!

Yesterday was so strange with the pandemic. I wanted to make Easter special but at the same time it really felt like it was just another day. Trevor had off work and we decided to make a big lunch. We roasted a chicken, made mashed potatoes, homemade gravy, noodles, corn from my parents garden, stuffing, and rolls. It turned out great but made me realize that our kitchen is not cut out for cooking big dinners like that! Our next house we will need lots of more kitchen prep space where Trevor and I can both be cooking different things at once.

Last year we were discharged from the hospital with Hudson on Good Friday. Easter Sunday we went to a brunch with Trevor's family and I wore Hudson in a wrap on my chest the whole time so strangers wouldn't try and touch him. He was so brand new and I remember just spending the entire day staring at him and being in love with him. I got to put him in his "My First Easter" onesie and his little newborn sweater with ears on the hood.

Oh my gosh. Newborn babies kind of look like aliens, don't they? It's crazy how in love you are with your little alien though.

I thought it was pretty cool that Hudson got to experience two Easters all before his 1st birthday. Not very many people can say that! Because Hudson was born around the holiday I think it will always hold a special place in my heart and remind me of the spring that I first became a mama.

This Easter I made Hudson a basket with a couple books, rain boots, a hat, crayons, and puffs. I also got him a rain suit but we had already broke that out and used it a week or so ago.

Hudson really is becoming more and more fun. He is super aware of things and loves interacting. We will watch something happen together and then look at each other and laugh. He's super silly and goofy.

After lunch we spent a lot of the day outside. It was 67 degrees and nice! Hudson loves it outside and will spend hours out there.

It's hard to believe he turns 1 year old this week.
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig