Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Pregnancy Update: Halfway point!

I thought I would update as I'm 20 weeks now?!? This pregnancy is going SO FAST!



Hollllly cow. This pregnancy is flying by. When I was pregnant with Hud, I knew exactly what month of pregnancy I was in and counted every day down. I would check my pregnancy apps frequently and couldn't wait for the week to change so I could get a new update. Now I feel like I look at the calendar and i'm like, wait, holy cow, I'm already 20 weeks pregnant? When did that happen? Don't get me wrong, the first trimester drug on and on. But since i've been feeling better, it's already been flying by. Also how are we halfway through March already?

Trevor and I have decided on a name: Nora. We haven't picked a middle name yet, but we are pretty certain that will be her first name. We both love it. I was between Nora and Lucy, but Trevor has already been calling her Nora so it looks like that's the one that will be sticking around :)

Oh! I forgot to say on here that we are having a girl, if the name choice hasn't made it obvious! I did the Sneak Peek home blood test at 9 weeks pregnant and it said girl! When Trevor and I opened the email, I immediately started crying and said "I really really hope this is true." Not that I wouldn't have loved a boy just the same, but i'm so excited to have one of each.

I had the genetic screening blood work done at 12 weeks through my doctor. Thankfully it came back all negative for any genetic disorders, and it also confirmed that we are having a baby girl. That test is like 99.9% accurate and more accurate than an anatomy ultrasound. I cried when I heard the news and immediately went to Target to pick out some fun girl outfits.

We told our families by Facetiming them and showing them a "Lil Sis" onesie. It was so much fun. We are so incredibly excited. I've been having fun buying girl clothes too. I can't wait to design her nursery.

I keep laughing to myself about how the second pregnancy is nothing like the first. The first time you are pregnant, everything is new and exciting. You check your bump in the mirror every day. You get excited to buy maternity clothes. You can't wait to set up the nursery. The second time around is so different. I have barely taken any photos of my growing bump this time around. With Hudson I took a picture every single week. Also I kind of hate maternity clothes and they are so expensive, so i've been reusing what i've had from before but also just buying clothes in a size or two bigger than I normally would.

Tomorrow is our anatomy ultrasound! I can't wait to see her moving around on the screen and i'm just praying everything comes back normal and healthy. After that I think i'll be able to breathe a sigh of relief. 

I figured I would answer the same questions that I did with Hudson at this point so I could compare answers:

How far along are you? 20 weeks today!
What fruit are you? Baby Nora is the size of a sweet potato, which is confusing because they vary so much haha
Due Date? August 3rd, 2021
Gender: Girl!
Total weight gain/loss: As of yesterday i'm up 11 pounds. I'm gaining weight almost identical to how I did with Hudson. 
Exercise: Not following any current exercise routines but I'm chasing Hud around, and I anticipate we will be going on lots of walks once the weather gets nicer.
Stretch marks: No new ones yet. Still sporting the lovely stripes from my almost 9 pound Hudson though
Swelling: None!
Maternity clothes: Yes. Or like I said I've sized up in normal clothes
Belly button: Still stretched out from last pregnancy. haha
Sleep: Not bad... yet. Using my pregnancy pillow and getting pretty good sleep.
Food cravings: Fruit, greek salads, caesar salads, milk. My cravings are healthier this time around, and I have less aversions than I did with Hudson.
Symptoms: Lower back pain if i'm cleaning or trying to get a lot done during the day. 
Movement: I'm feeling her move a good bit, but it's not as much as Hudson used to move. I don't know if my placenta is in a different spot this time or maybe she's just a chiller baby? I'll find out tomorrow!
What I miss: Beer. 
What I’m loving: Shopping girl clothes! Holy cow it's so much fun and addicting!

What i’m looking forward to: Seeing if she looks like her brother, watching Hudson become a brother, watching Trev become a girl dad. And soaking up allllll the newborn snuggles. I'm really going to soak those in as much as possible this time.
Best moment this week: Feeling her move in my belly, and the anatomy ultrasound tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it!
Words of wisdom: Soaking up all the moments of being here with Hudson being my only child. I know things are going to change a lot once the baby is here, and Hudson is attached to my hip. I'm worried he won't take the transition well.

SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig