Thursday, December 31, 2020

Blog readers get a special surprise...

 Since I doubt very many people read this, I felt like this was a safe place to share that i'm pregnant! So if you are one of the lucky people who read this blog then congrats! You know our secret ;) I'm 9 weeks this week and I'm due August 3rd, 2021. We are having Valentine's Day photos taken on Feb 5th, and I will be 14 weeks then. I think i'm going to put Hudson in a "big brother" t-shirt and have the photos taken then announce the next week. 


^This was my ultrasound at 7 weeks. A little blob :)

Once Hudson turned 18 months we decided to start trying! I couldn't believe that it only happened within a month of us trying but here we are! It almost seems unreal... Like we barely tried and it happened. That's what happened with Hudson too. I feel very fortunate because I know some people struggle for months and months to get pregnant. I found out mid November. Since then, I've felt missssserable. Weeks 6-9 have been brutal. I wasn't this sick with Hudson at all. I've thrown up a couple times and have to take medication every night, which I didn't with Hud. It makes me feel better, thankfully. It does seem like since I've hit 9 weeks that I've been feeling a little bit better, although I don't want to jinx it.

Energy wise, I've been tired but it hasn't been anything bad. I remember with Hudson I slept constantly. I was also working full time with him. This time I've been working from home and while I do take naps almost every day, I don't feel nearly as exhausted as I did with him. This pregnancy has been pretty different than my first, although a lot of things are similar too. 

Boy and girl wise, everyone keeps asking me what we want! Trevor insists that this is our last baby, so I say for his sake that he better hope it's a girl. I would love to have one of each! And if it's another boy, I can't imagine being done at 2. So yes, a girl would be ideal, but it would also be so much fun for Hudson to have a brother. I just bought an at home lab test called Sneak Peek where you send in a tube of your blood from a finger stick and they will analyze it and tell you the gender of your baby! While it claims to have a 99.5% success rate, i've heard of numerous accounts of the test being wrong. I'm going to take it for fun but won't announce it officially until we see the ultrasound.

I thought it would be fun to start filling out these questionnaires that I did when I was pregnant with Hud, that way I could compare the two pregnancies.

How pregnant am I?: Currently I'm 9 weeks pregnant.

How big is baby?: Baby is the size of a green olive, so tiny! 

Weight gain: I gained 2 pounds right away in the beginning I think from increased blood volume, but that's it.

Body & Changes: So just yesterday my pants really started to feel snug around where my uterus is. I've read that you show quicker with your second and I definitely think that will be the case with me. I've already resorted to comfy leggings and sweats. I mean, I work from home anyways so what's the point in wearing jeans? Other than that, no obvious changes other than nausea and mood swings. Crying at the drop of a hat, the usual ;)

Clothes: Wearing all of my normal clothes, just comfy ones! I've invested in a couple good sweatshirts and comfortable shirts to wear for the next couple months.

What I've been eating: Carbs 24.7. With Hudson, I had some serious food aversions along with cravings. It's funny but I haven't been having those this time! Some foods do make me sick or sound unappealing but it's not the intense aversions I had with the last pregnancy.

Any movement: No, but with Hud I started feeling movement at 14 weeks so I am so excited to be close to feeling it again!

Sleep: Love the sleep as always. I take a sleeping pill that also helps with nausea at night and it knocks me out, but I also have some pretty crazy dreams.

Emotions: Not gonna lie, right now life is pretty hard emotion wise. Being quarantined at home because of COVID, i'm terrified of getting it during the first trimester while the baby is still developing so I haven't been going anywhere. Weeks on end in this house with a toddler are daunting, and i'm really starting to feel a little depressed. I'm so ready for this pandemic to be over.

Purchases: Nothing yet except the Sneak Peak test! Probably won't start really buying stuff until we find out the gender.

What I miss: Nothing yet. I haven't been pregnant long enough to really miss things yet!

What I'm looking forward to: Finding out the gender, feeling baby movements, and getting a cute bump!

Best moment of the week: Getting the Sneak Peak test in the mail! I'm so excited to see what it says.

SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig