Ahh, High School Graduation.
But, that is now in the past, I can't believe I'm really considered an "alumni". Class of 2010!
My best friend Mariah finally graduated from high school, and I am SO so so proud of her. She is the best friend I could ever ask for! Her and Tara and me are like, three peas in a pod. Seriously.
Well, last Monday I went to Tara's house to get ready to watch Mariah graduate. And, about an hour before graduation we said, "Hey, I wonder if Mariah is going anywhere after graduation. WE SHOULD THROW A PARTY FOR HER!"
So we did. We threw together a party in an hour! We baked cupcakes:
And we cut paper chains and hung them around Tara's kitchen:
And then I made these pretty awesome signs to hang up too:
After we decorated Tara's house, we headed off to watch our little friend graduate.
There's Mariah^
^One of my favorite past teachers, Mr. Hicks, gave the graduation address this year.
There's Mariah getting her diploma!
Class of 2011!
Saybra, Mariah, and I (the runners!)
I LOVE HER!
Tara, Mariah, and me. 3 Best friends that anyone could have... :)
Mariah and her friend Brandy
Mariah afterwards, getting her actual diploma. I really don't know why they don't give the actual ones away at graduation..
After graduation, Tara and I RUSHED home to finish getting ready for Mariah to come. We finished up the cupcakes, put on our old graduation caps, and turned off the lights. When she came in we turned on the "Pomp and Circumstance" song and threw our caps in the air.
Surprise!!
We had the best time together, we laughed (a lot), we cried (yes, it's true), and we ate cupcakes. They are my best friends and I'm so blessed to have two best friends like them! I can't wait to live with them next semester!


3 comments
Your guys' high school is SO small! haha :) great pics
time goes by wayyyy to fast! I seriously can't believe I have been out of college for a whole year! I feel so old! haha. Those cupcakes are so adorable!
Super cute cupcakes and decorations! Yay for graduation. It is fun to start the new chapter in life.
Post a Comment