Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A pretty cool golf course cupcake creation (if you ask me!)

Trevor's birthday was last week, and for the longest time I knew exactly what I wanted to make him. Trev LOVES golf. I mean.. he is obsessed with it, works at a golf course, the whole nine yards. So, when I stumbled upon this really cool idea of a homemade golf course cupcake creation on this website, I KNEW I had to make it! It was so sweet looking!

I give you, the golf course cupcake creation:

And of course Trevor loved it.

So if you would like to recreate this, here are my tips! :)

I used 20 cupcakes to make this, 7 for the green, 5 for the sandtraps, and 8 for the rough.

For the green
I first decorated the 7 cupcakes with white icing.
Then I rolled them in green sugar sprinkles, which ended up looking super realistic!

For the sand traps
I covered 5 cupcakes in white icing. 
Then I smushed up vanilla wafers until they were practically dust.
Then rolled the cupcakes in it! It looked super realistic as well.

For the rough
On the website they just used coconut shreds and dyed them green. However.. Trev HATES coconut, so I had to revise. I just bought a huge tube of dark green decorative icing that had removable tops on it. It took awhile, but I made all of those blades of grass on the cupcakes. I thought the end product was definitely worth the effort!

Then I placed all of my cupcakes together to form the course. I finished up the baseline by using my "grass" icing tube and filling in holes between the cupcakes and around the green with extra grass.

For the little balls I bought a package of white sixlets.
The tee is a smartie!
I used a pretzel stick for the flag pole. 
I used little chocolate chips for the hole.
And finally, on the website they cut a fruit rollup into a triangle shape for the flag. But I didnt really feel like buying an entire box of fruit roll ups (which I don't really care for) for a little flag, So I just used a piece of scrapbooking paper for the little flag. Still ended up looking great! :)

SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig