Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Color Run (and other birthday adventures)

My 22nd birthday was a pretty sweet day. Trevor and I signed up to run the Color Run that day, which was a pretty fun way to spend my birthday if you ask me! :) The Color Run is a 5k "fun run" which basically means that people walk, run, push strollers, etc in this race and it isn't a serious race, per say. Trevor and I ran most of it though! Every kilometer was a color station where a ton of people would spray you with a certain color of cornstarch. The first color was pink, then orange, then yellow, then purple, and then blue. At the end of the race was a "color party" where everyone gathered together and threw colors on each other, which was super cool. Here are some pics from the day (that my sister and her boyfriend took):
Pre-race, before the color!
Waiting at the start line to begin

Some people getting sprayed with color at the start

And Post Race!
The post race color party! It was crazy and so much fun.

It was a great way to spend my birthday! Afterwards Trev, me, Carly, and Ryan went to get froyo at Sweet Frog. I think eating froyo on your birthday should be mandatory. It is so good.

It was nice to spend the day with Trev, my sister, and Ryan. Afterwards we came back home and Trev and I ordered a strumboli and a calzone to split, then went to his house and watched the Breaking Bad finale! (Which was probably a poor choice on my part.. I hadn't watched any other episodes and now I know how the season ends! I recently started watching the whole series with Trevor and let me just say, it is good.

My birthday was a nice way to take a break from reality. I had been studying every single day for my nursing class and it was just nice to put down the books for the day! :)


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig