Friday, May 16, 2014

My nursing pinning ceremony

My pinning ceremony was filled with so many emotions (happiness, excitement, nostalgia, sadness?!), I really wasn't sure what to feel. I honestly never thought this day would ever come, but it did, and it was really bittersweet. The ceremony was sort of like our little graduation from the program where our instructors were all there and we received our pin that symbolized completion. It was such a nice ceremony. We all got to choose someone to pin us up on stage, and I chose my Grandma because she has been so encouraging throughout my college career. She was the first one I would tell my test grades to and just talk to about school. It was a little nerve racking walking up on stage in front of an auditorium filled with students and families, especially because I was wearing wedges! And I absolutely never wear heels. But everything turned out fine. ;)

Some of my nursing instructors who all are the sweetest people on the planet.
My friend Janelle pinning Brian
Grandma pinning me!
Excited to be done.
At the end of the program there was a slideshow with pictures of our class that was taken throughout school which made me sad. I've grown really close to my nursing class the past two years and they are like my family! We literally have spent almost every day together for two years. I've made some of my best friends there. That's why it was sort of a little.. bittersweet. If it wasn't for nursing school, I never would have met Trevor, Brian, and Emilee, who all introduced me to my now best friends.

After the ceremony everyone went outside for some pictures of course.
My Grandma, me, and Pap Pap
Pappy and me.
Mom and Dad, my biggest supporters emotionally [but mostly] finanically haha
Jaci! She was the very first friend i've made in nursing school and she still is one of my good friends. Love this girl!
Trevy <3 we are now both nurses!
Brian and Trevor, the two i've spent the most time with over the past two years. We have seriously studied so much that I don't think we will know what to do with ourselves now! But for real, I think I would have failed out of school if it wasn't for these two.
Had to get one with my BFF Janelle in it!
We are all Whitsel nurses! From the left, Emily just completed her first year and will be done this time next year, Debbie just completed the program a couple years ago, and then me and Megan just graduated together. Can I just say that I LOVE this family?
Saving the best for last... me with two of my favorite guys in the whole world. Trev and his brother Clint. 
So as of now, I am a new GN (which stands for Graduate Nurse) and I could not be more excited. I almost feel like it isn't real... and that I will have to go back and study more. Heck, I'm still having nightmares about taking tests and what not. Next month I will go to take my nursing state boards, and once I pass those, I will be officially an RN! Thank gosh.
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig