Friday, October 3, 2014

Trip to Burlington, VT

So tonight I was just sitting on my couch, thinking about life and whatnot (like usual), and I started thinking about wonderful Burlington, Vermont and how I want to revisit that beautiful place. And then I realized that I never shared my photos from that trip a couple summers ago here on the blog. So, what better time to reminisce about the trip than now?

August 2012, Mariah and I took a weekend trip to Burlington to visit her sister and explore the area. We had been there once before during the fall, but it was basically a day trip, and we wanted to go back and really see the city.

We set off on a 10-11 hour car drive. My GPS kept screwing up and would tell us to get off random exits just to get back on the highway. THEN.. just as we started to question how long we had been driving in the state of New York (because it felt like FOREVER), our GPS tried to make us get on a Ferry and take our car across a LAKE! at MIDNIGHT! on a DESERTED road! Here.. let me try to find a map to illustrate my point:
Alright. See New York state up there on the left? and see that lake that separates New York and Vermont? That's Lake Champlain. And then see the big dot that says Burlington? Ok. Well.. Mariah and I were across the lake from Burlington on the New York side when the GPS wanted to take the ferry. Basically, we had to drive South again until we could find a bridge that crossed that lake, which in the end added a couple annoying hours to our driving time.

But we finally got there!
Here are some pictures from our trip.

In Burlington....
We ate at the cutest little breakfast shop and there I had the best breakfast of my entire life. Cinnamon raisin french toast with fruit, with local Vermont maple syrup.

We went hiking and explored a local park:

- We visited a couple of swimming holes.

I had my very first sushi experience.

We spent a day admiring the sailboats on Lake Champlain:

I had my very first drive in movie experience:

We went to a greenhouse and got rained on:

We went to trivia night at a local bar and got X's put on our hands:
(We drank Ginger Beer instead. YUM!)

On the last day, I decided to run a 5k beside the lake.
It was a "Dress Like a Pirate" 5k, but I didn't have any pirate gear!

I did get to spend my morning running beside this gorgeous sight:
( I mean the lake, not the creepy old man in front of me)

Along with that, we also went to a local comedy club, spent the majority of our trip walking around little Burlington, and went grocery shopping with Saybra (Mariah's sister). One night she made us some mexican and margaritas at her apartment.

I love Burlington because it is beside a beautiful lake. It is considered a "city", and although it does have a large population, it is small enough that you can ride your bike anywhere. It is surrounded by gorgeous mountains with numerous hiking trails. Plus, it is filled with local restaurants and boutiques instead of chain places.

Someday I will be back! Until then.. Burlington <3
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig