I'll admit, i'm a sucker for pizza. I eat pizza multiple times a week. I know I need to cut down on the habit, but it is so hard. Pizza is so good! So, when I found this recipe on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it. Pizza made with zucchini? YES. Hey.. if I can still eat a delicious version of the food plus make it somewhat healthy, i'm in. Plus, this recipe was so simple, it took less than 15 minutes from start to finish.
Zucchini Pizza Bites
Ingredients:
1-2 Zucchini
Olive oil
Pizza toppings (I used sauce, mozz. cheese, and pepperoni)
1. Slice the zucchini into even circular slices.
2. Coat the zucchini evenly in olive oil, and place on a baking sheet.
3. Put the zucchini in the oven on broil, and broil for 1-2 minutes.
4. Flip the zucchini, and return to oven to broil for another 1-2 minutes.
5. Take zucchini out of the oven and top with your favorite toppings. Here I used sauce, cheese, and pepperoni, but you could be creative if you want and add other things.
6. Return to the oven and broil until cheese is melted (which will only take a minute or two).
Voila! Now you have healthy, delicious pizza bites! A great dinner, or even a yummy sunday treat when watching football :-)
xo
Hilary

No comments
Post a Comment