Thursday, October 19, 2017
Why my travel journey is over (for now)
Hey guys! It's been a long time since i've posted here. We are home safe and sound in PA and it feels so good. I love being in my house in the country. It's so quiet, I can just let Timber out to run around the yard chasing squirrels, and I finally have all of my stuff in one place.
I have decided to stop travel nursing for now. When we came home in early September for Clint and Chelsey's wedding, I had the hardest time leaving. Trevor and I both realized that we were very homesick in Massachusetts. After the wedding, we went to Cape Cod. While we were driving home from the Cape, I was looking up nursing jobs online for our hometown area. I stumbled upon an Operating Room job that was Monday-Friday, 6:45am-3:15pm with the occasional weekend or holiday. I honestly applied just for shits and giggles and I really didn't think I would get a call back. OR jobs are hard to come by, especially because I no longer was an internal applicant and that anyone that already worked in the hospital would get the job over me if they applied.
Time passed, our debacle of Trevor's contract ending early hit us, and then out of the blue I got a call from the OR manager requesting an interview. I took this as a sign that it was maybe time to go home for a while. I had my interview last week, and I'm happy to say that I have accepted the position! I start in November. I signed a 2-year contract, so I will be here for at least 2 years.
Traveling was really difficult for Trevor and I, mostly because we struggled being away from our friends and family. We are the type of people that have friends over at our house almost every weekend for football games or other events. We will let my sister, cousin, or anyone who wants to stay for days in our guest room. We are just used to being around the people we love, and it made us super homesick to be away from everyone. Plus, I hate having my pets separated and not having them both with me. For the most part while we traveled, Timber was with us and Kitty was left at home. This sounds super silly, but I hate not being with Kitty (haha). He's been my companion for the past 5 years and I just hated leaving him behind.
Trevor is going to continue to travel locally for now so we can continue to pay off our debt. I'm just excited to be in our house and i'm ready to organize everything. I'm also so excited about having a job that is REGULAR HOURS! Night shift was slowly killing me, and now I will be on a regular schedule! Plus, I'm used to working every other weekend and almost every holiday, so this job will be a treat.
I still want to continue to travel and explore. Trevor and I have our first international trip planned to Europe next summer! We've both never been out of the country besides going to the Bahamas, so we are excited. Of course, we both are still young and there always is the possibility that we might go back to traveling after the two years I put in here at home. We will be 28 then so maybe we will travel from our 28-30+ years. We really aren't in any rush to have kids and want to take the next couple years and be selfish. I also have a dream of buying an RV and traveling around the country in that, haha. Who knows though, because I always make a million plans for the future and things don't always turn out the way I plan, but everything always turns out the way it's supposed to be. So we'll see ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
©
the "B" team | All rights reserved.
No comments
Post a Comment