Here are pictures of what it looked like when we first moved in:
And here's what it looks like now, with a paint change and some cosmetic updates:
The bones of this bathroom aren't terrible. We were told that the bathroom was actually recently updated in the last 10 years, so that really helps us out that we aren't starting with something from the 1960's that needs a total gut.
Here are some of my inspiration pictures:
![]() |
| Source |
![]() |
| Source |
![]() |
| Source |
![]() |
| Source |
![]() |
| Source |
While doing a renovation, my goal is to make sure I utilize styles that aren't just trendy, but are also classic. That's why I love subway tile so much, it has been around for decades and people still love it. We aren't sure if this house will be a long term house or one that we will sell once our family starts expanding, so we want to make our updates ones that both we will love, and potential buyers will love in the future.
Here are some of my plans/ideas for our bath.
- I bought white epoxy tub paint, because our tub is currently almond colored. I'm going to paint the bottom part of the tub white, and we are planning on tearing out the surround tub. From there, we want to install floor to ceiling subway tile in the bath surround, while possibly cutting into the drywall and creating a tile shelf to utilize for shampoos.
- Possibly creating a half wall of subway tile around the entire bathroom. Trevor is hesitant (because he will have to cut all of those tiles!) but I really think it will be beautiful and make a statement. Plus, it will tie into the subway tile into our kitchen, unifying the house.
- Installing new tile floors. I love the hexagon patterns that I posted above.
- Installing a new bathroom fan. If you can see from our pictures, our current one is literally hanging out of the ceiling.
- Possibly getting a new vanity and vanity top, if budget allows. I love the marble tops. If it is out of our budget, I'm going to try to refinish the one we have and at least put a new faucet on.
- Removing the mirror/medicine cabinet above the vanity and replacing with a wall mirror. While the medicine cabinet does come in handy, a mirror that is placed flush with the wall will make our tiny bathroom seem a little bigger.
- New vanity lighting.
- Cosmetic updates, such as new paint, new hardware, relocating the toilet paper holder, adding towel rings, etc.
We are planning on starting soon! We don't have a timeline set, but will most likely slowly work on the bath as our budget allows throughout the next couple months. Stay tuned for more progress updates!





No comments
Post a Comment