Thursday, May 2, 2019

Adjusting to motherhood



Hudson is officially 2 weeks old as of yesterday! Trevor and I are loving our time with him so far.

A lot of people have been asking me about his name. A few years ago when I was working on Labor and Delivery at Altoona, I took care of a couple who named their son Hudson. I loved the name so much that I put it on the baby name list I kept in my head. When we found out we were having a boy, I just mentally named him Hudson. It took Trevor a couple weeks to warm up to it, but once he did it was official! We were between Hudson and Emmett, but now I can't picture him as anything but a Hudson.

As for his middle name, I wanted to choose something super meaningful to us. We toyed around with family names, but honestly we didn't want anyone to get upset if we chose one side of the family over the other. I then thought about the name "Andrew" after St. Andrews, Scotland. We loved our time there so much (see the post here and here) and it will always be such a special city to us that we wanted to honor it by using it as Hudson's middle name. I have such a soft spot in my heart for our travel adventures that I think it would be so cool to continue the tradition of using cities/towns we love as middle names for our future children as well.

We love our little guy. Trevor has been such a great dad. I catch him holding him and whispering "I love you!" to him, which melts my heart. Also i'm breastfeeding, but I have enough milk pumped that Trevor has been taking over a couple night feedings. Trevor works night shift so he's awake anyways, so he gives Hudson a bottle of pumped milk. This lets me have about 5-6 hours of continuous sleep which I'm so grateful for, and it gives Trevor and Hudson some bonding time which I know Trev loves. I love seeing him be such a great dad... it makes me love him even more.

I don't want to jinx things, but Hudson really has been such a great baby so far. He doesn't cry often. Even in the middle of the night when he wakes up, he just makes some grunting noises instead of crying. He's pretty easy to soothe and it seems as if as long as he has a full belly, he's happy. He loves his bath time too! I lower him into the water and he closes his eyes and just relaxes in the warm water. It's adorable.
Hudson after his bath
I find myself being excited to watch him grow up and learn, but also wishing he would stay this little forever. I love being skin to skin with him and letting him sleep on my chest. There's nothing that makes my heart happier.
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig