1. Gather your friends/family/grandma/dog/whoever you want to jump with you and get ready.
2. Decide what number you are jumping on. For me, I found that it is easiest to count like this: "1..2..3.. JUMP!" and jump on the "JUMP" part.
3. For the picture taker: get used to your camera and how fast the shutter speed is. For some cameras, the picture snaps right away so you will want to take the picture as soon as the people jump. Other cameras take a little longer and you might want to take the picture on the number 1 or 2. The most convenient option is having a digital slr camera that has the timer option that snaps multiple shots in a row, that way you will get at least one picture of everyone in the air.
4. Now, for the jump. Before you jump, you are going to want to decide what jumping position you are going to take. I've personally found that the best jumping pictures are the ones where you tell everyone to lift up their legs as high as they possibly can, so even if you can't jump very high, it looks like you are super high off the ground. (Look at my legs in the picture below to understand)
5. Jump, take the picture, and repeat until desired results are reached! :)
Other notes...
- Jumping pictures look best in front of pretty backgrounds or landscapes.
- If everyone does a different jumping pose, the result may come out better looking than if everyone jumped the same way.
- Sometimes, the "getting ready to jump" picture is the funniest!
Now go out and take a good jumping picture! :)








3 comments
Great post! How do you like this jumping shot? I was actually in the water as they jumped off the back of my boat. I think it's rather cool...
< img src="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-wlqkbuhVNag/ThI5TO-yzlI/AAAAAAAAAD8/A-cR6w55EZA/s1600/P6160011.JPG" alt="picture_ of_boat" / >
aww, cute. I love little family jumping pictures, especially at the beach :)
I love taking jumping pictures. I think that jumping is more fun than seeing the finished picture.
Post a Comment