Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The lights are so bright but they never blind me

Welcome to New York!

We went to NYC a week ago on a bus trip with mom's school. I went with Carly, Rayne, and Aunt Jen and it was a little girls day that we enjoyed. Rayne and Aunt Jen had never been to NYC before so it was fun showing them around for the day!

We got to the city and we had bought bus tickets to ride around all day.

We got on the first bus we could find and headed uptown to Central Park. None of us had ever been to Central Park before and we kinda wanted to see what it was all about. It was FREEZING that day, like snowing and super cold winds that were freezing our faces off, but we sat on top of the bus anyways for fun! Of course we were the only ones up there, but that made it more fun.


Once we got to Central Park we walked around a bit, but it was just so cold that there really wasn't much to do. I could see it being a very nice place to walk around when it is sunny and everything is in bloom, but it was just cold and dead when we went. Still cool to see though!

We walked back to Times Square to get some lunch/dinner. We originally wanted to try out Shake Shack because I've heard so many good things about that place, but when we got there it was super crowded and there wasn't anywhere to sit down. We decided to back track to Guy Fieri's Restaurant that we saw down the block. I'm sooo glad we did! It was actually pretty quiet in there and not crowded at all, so we got seated and served fairly fast.

We ordered a huge plate of nachos to share and we inhaled those things. We had just walked a couple miles and were starving! I ended up ordering a shrimp po boy sandwich with fries which was so delicious. It had chipotle mayo on it which was the perfect topping. YUM. Carly and Rayne ordered these huge burgers that had mac and cheese on top of them! They both said that they were good as well, and Aunt Jen ordered some pork chop dinner I think? Either way, it looked good too and she said it was. The restaurant was a hit! We all loved it.

We walked around some more after we ate. We wanted to go see the Statue of Liberty and the Freedom Tower, but there really wasn't enough time. I need to go back in the summer and have another day to do everything! We decided to walk to Rockefeller Center, Macy's, and other places that were close. I did some shopping at Urban Outfitters and decided that that store is my "spirit store" because I just loved it so much. I will be back, UO.


At the end of the day, my Fitbit was flashing 20,000+ steps which is the most i've had so far. We went into a couple tourist stores looking for souvenirs. I really wanted to get Trevor an "I <3 NYC" shirt as a joke, but those things are like $15 y'all! I wasn't about to pay that much as a gag gift.

That bus was so nice to finally sit down in at the end of the day. It was just so warm and cozy, and after the freezing day in the city, I'm pretty sure everyone immediately fell asleep. I fell asleep before we even got out of the city.

Overall, it was such a fun day! I had a great time. I'm hoping to go back again this summer with Trev and friends maybe over a weekend when we really can enjoy ourselves and see everything.
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig