The 4th this year started out as a rainy dreary day.. it seems like it has been raining every day this summer! Also, Trevor and I didn't really have any plans at all. We sat around our apartment in the morning while it was raining and tried to decide what to do. Finally we decided to just grab some steaks and head to his parents' house for a little cookout. But first, we had to dress up in the most ridiculous clothes we could find! ;)
We bought the steaks, got some drinks, and I also bought some rocket pops (a necessity!), and then just hung out at the Beiswenger house with Clint and Chels, and Trevor's parents. It was actually a really nice, relaxing evening. We played "Americana" on Pandora, ate steaks and corn on the cob, and then relaxed on the porch.
It was funny, Trevor and I were so excited because we recorded the annual hotdog eating contest on our DVR at home. All of us went over to the apartment to watch it, just to find out that it was actually Wimbledon that was recorded over the hot dog eating contest. It was such a bummer! Not sure why, but we really wanted to see people stuff those things in their mouths.
We went to see the fireworks later on in the night and lit up some sparklers. The 4th is one of my favorite holidays! I love the American festives in the summer.

No comments
Post a Comment