Tuesday, January 16, 2018

December/January tidbits


Helllllooooo! I promise that I still am alive out here guys. I feel like I left this blog on a cliffhanger ever since we moved back home and I started working my new job (Not that any of you are actually on a cliffhanger, because I know all of the people that actually read my blog I talk to in real life, lolz). I'm here to say that Trevor and I are both officially back home and working our new jobs! I can't speak for Trevor yet because he started his new job today, but I LOVE mine. Moving back home was the right decision for us and I've never felt better.

I truly enjoy working in the Operating Room. Sure, it can be stressful being new and learning a brand new specialty, but it is NOTHING like the stress of working on the floor. We actually get lunch breaks! I remember back when I worked as a travel nurse on OB in Washington DC that I could probably count the number of actual lunch breaks I had there on my fingers. And eating at the desk while you are charting doesn't count.

For the first time in forever, I'm finally back on a normal sleeping schedule. No more night shift for me! Let me tell ya, you don't realize how much you appreciate a daylight job until you are forced to work night shift. I can't remember the last time I've felt this energized and I truly feel great. I'm also finally back to eating 3 meals a day which is a big deal, because when I worked night shift I either ate 17 meals in one day or didn't eat at all.

Other things that have happened recently to note:

- Trevor and I are kicking 2018 off strong with our first house project! We are installing a faux shiplap accent wall behind our dining room table. We are planning on completing the project next weekend, so more details to come!

- Trevor and I have also nailed down our budget for the upcoming year. Our financial goal that we are striving towards is to be debt free, and we are on track to be completely debt free (besides our mortgage) next year! We should have my student loans completely paid off by next month, and I can't wait to no longer be a slave to my payments to the government.

- We currently are in the process of planning a trip to Europe this summer! We are going to the British Open in Scotland in July, and we want to visit England and Ireland as well. It will be our first time outside of the country and we gotta get those passports!

- The holidays meant we got to spend a lot of quality time with friends and family:

And when your friends have dogs, your dog becomes BFF with their dog:


- There was a Central Pennsylvania "Wedding Extravaganza" in our town, and our wedding photographer sent us a picture of the booklet for the event. Guess who was on the cover!?
Feeling famous.

- We've been spending a lot of time snowed in our cozy house, and I'm not complaining one bit.

SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig