Monday, January 1, 2018
2018 Goals and the hold social media has on all of us
Last year around this time, I wrote a post on minimalism and living intentionally. In that post, I wrote that my goals for 2017 were to spend more time journaling and reading instead of on social media. Did I succeed? No. I spent an absurd amount of time on my phone and there were barely times when it wasn't in my hand or sitting right beside me. It actually is pretty disgusting how addictive my phone is to me. I have a feeling that a majority of you out there feel the same way I do, almost like we can't live without our phones.
Is this living intentionally? I would say no. Is mindlessly scrolling through posts on Facebook and Instagram really living your best life? Do you get any value out of this? Do you feel refreshed and rejuvenated after spending an hour online playing the comparison game? No.
My 2018 goals look pretty much the same as my 2017 goals. I want to really break this unhealthy addiction I have with my phone and turn it into a healthy one. I also want to read more books and journal more. I want to drink more water and really be more conscious of the food I am putting into my body. This year, however, i'm going to write down steps I can take to achieve these goals.
1. Stop the "addiction" with my cell phone
I'm planning on making our bedroom a "technology free" zone and charging my phone in the kitchen every night. That way I'm not mindlessly scrolling before bed and it's not the first thing I reach for in the morning. I'm also going to leave it in my locker at work, because I really shouldn't be on my phone at work anyways. On another cell phone note, i'm planning on unfollowing random people who I don't actually know and unfriending those who I don't speak to in real life.
2. Read more books & journal more
I have a feeling that if I keep my phone in the kitchen every night, I will have more time to read a little before bed. I've always been a pretty avid journalist (I've kept a journal since 7th grade), so I'm planning on continuing. It's therapeutic!
3. Drink more water & be more conscious of the food I'm putting in my body
I've already started working on this and what I've found to help me is to buy bottled water and take a bottle to drink at lunch at work. When I get home, I usually drink a huge bottle of sparkling water throughout the night. As far as food goes, I've been planning out my meals for the week before I go grocery shopping. This helps me think of healthy meals to make beforehand and also helps Trevor and I stick to our grocery budget!
Happy 2018! It always feels good to enter the new year with a few goals and plans to better yourself and your life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
©
the "B" team | All rights reserved.

No comments
Post a Comment