1. Baby's Nursery
Of course this one is first on the list! :) As I turn the corner into the last trimester of my pregnancy, I am so excited to create a cute little space for our baby. It took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to do exactly, then I stumbled upon this picture by brepurposed on Instagram and instantly knew I wanted to do something similar:
I love the wooden furniture and trim that reminds me of the 80s/90s. When Joanna Gaines emerged into this world, she made us all fall in love with white everything. From trim, to furniture, to floors, to subway tiles. Not complaining, I painted all the trim in my house white and I still do love the white trim/furniture look! However, I also love going back to the wood furniture and trim because it feels fresh from everything else I've been seeing.
Here's our current nursery situation:
Hey, you gotta start somewhere right? It's currently home to a bunch of random decor and furniture that we weren't sure what to do with. Since we are expecting a huge snowstorm this weekend I'm planning on staying home, cleaning out the nursery, and putting together our crib and glider. After that I will get started on painting and other plans!
OK, be prepared for some gross, dirty basement photos. Ready?
Our basement is just that, dirty and gross and full of spiders. However, it is where I (am forced to) do my laundry so I gotta go down there quite a bit. I'm planning on ripping out the old carpet runner and replacing it with this beautiful one:
Also gonna paint the walls, the stairs, and the exterior door. We may add additional lighting in the middle landing if possible. I also want to fix our system of where I hang dog leashes, coats, keys, etc because it's sort of a hot mess.
3. An Art Shelf in our Living Room
Surprisingly, our living room has been the most neglected room in our house. Besides painting the walls and trim, we really haven't done anything to it. It's kind of sad because that is where we spend most of our time! There are sooooo many projects I have on my list to complete but I think I'll have to wait until after we are finished paying off our debt before I can tackle them. Right now i'm focused on little things I can do that will still make a difference in how the room feels.
See current blank wall above (rather ugly) couch:
I want to build a homemade giant art ledge like this one in this photo:
It seems super easy to make and it will make a huge impact in how our living room looks! I really would like to turn it into our "travel art" shelf and mix both art prints and pictures we took while we traveled into it.
4. Move TV, create fireplace "built in" look
Let me explain a little more. See picture below:
I really want to move the TV from above the fireplace to the wall where our wedding gallery wall currently resides. I want to get a stylish TV stand for more storage below the TV. Finally, I want to take the space above the fireplace and add either shiplap planks, or drywall with trim to make it look like the fireplace was built into the wall rather than just sitting there in the corner as it is. I think it will really make the fireplace stand out and look like it was meant to be there all along rather than an addition. I'm not sure if this project will be completed this year or next, but it is definitely on my list!
There you have it! My list is super small this year because i'm trying to be a little more realistic with the time we will be able to put into it after baby is here and our budget. I'm excited to see what we accomplish this year!

No comments
Post a Comment