Sunday, August 18, 2019

The little things are the ones to remember


Hudson went to bed early around 7pm tonight so I thought i'd use this time to get caught up here.

I love this blogging space. I love it even when I don't show up very often. It's super therapeutic to me to blog, to type out and publish my thoughts out into this little webspace of mine. It also surprises me how many people come up to me and talk about reading my blog. They will be like, "Oh, I read all about that on your blog!" or... "You haven't posted in a long time!". You guys are the real MVPs because I really only publish in this space on average about, eh, once a month? But I appreciate you coming here to read.

I really want to start writing more often and about the little things going on in our lives. I really want to remember moments that may be lost otherwise. I often struggle to write anything at all because I find myself only wanting to write about the big things instead of the little things. So this post is about all of the little things lately.

Little things I want to remember:

- How Hudson wakes up around 7:30am each morning cooing and laughing in his crib. And when I go over to his room and he sees me, his face lights up with the biggest smile.

- How he sleeps in his "bat wing suit" (Trev's words) and sucks on his hands so much that it soaks the entire top of it.


- How he absolutely LOVES bath time, and will kick and splash everywhere in the tub.

- How breastfeeding is soooo rewarding and awesome. It was hard at first and I kind of hated it, but I'm so glad we stuck it out. I love the cuddling time and it's so easy to not have to worry about taking bottles with us places.

- On the topic of breastfeeding, how it is LITERALLY sucking the life out of me. I swear for every pound Hudson gains I lose 5. And my pants are now starting to fall off me.


- How Trevor is such a rockstar dad. If I ever need help, Trevor will drop everything and help me out. He is so good with Hudson and Hudson LOVES him. I've been working some evening shifts lately and Trev has had to put Hudson to bed at night. He does it all perfectly and I just am so thankful for a partner like him.


- How Hudson likes to slide down in his bouncer seat, any chair, his bathtub, etc just so he can kick his feet in the air like crazy.

- How Hudson and Timber are becoming best friends. Timber has gotten the biggest laughs out of Hud that Trevor and I can't even try to compete with.


- Every night after our bath, I show Hudson his reflection in the mirror and he loves looking at himself. Hudson has the same bedtime routine every single night: bath, jammies, we read a book, he eats, I put him in his sleep sack + sound machine, and then he's out for the night!


- How he's becoming so ornery and the life of the party. He's constantly happy yelling and squealing, laughing, and kicking his feet in his bouncer. When you look at him and smile he gives you the biggest grin back. He makes my evenings when I'm cooking supper so much fun.

- Hudson is finally mastering this sleep thing. He puts himself to sleep for every single nap and at bedtime (which is a godsend because I used to have to bounce him to sleep for every nap!). He goes to bed between 7-8 and will sleep until about 4am, eat, and then sleep again until 7:30-8am.

- I want to tell my future self that this parenting thing is becoming easier every day. I feel like a pro at it now. Hudson is such a pleasant baby that I feel like I could take him anywhere. Those early newborn days are rough.. but this stage is fun.


- The only thing I care about Hudson becoming is a good person. I want him to have love in his heart and care about his family, friends, and even strangers. I don't care if he's the best at football, the smartest, etc. I just want him to have a good heart. I think about this often and hope that I can shape him to become this person.

- I also want to be someone that he can always look up to, admire, and ask for advice. I want to be a mom that he isn't afraid of coming to with a problem and I want him to know that he can always count on me to be there for him.


- In a world that can be a scary place at times, I want him to know that he is so so loved.
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig