![]() |
I knew from the start that I would absolutely fall in love with the maternity floor ever since I visited Jess in the hospital after she had Carter (Read about that here). I started my rotation in mid-February. My first day, my heart melted. I remember walking into the nursery and seeing the tinest baby in a little incubator, hooked up to machines. With her little eyes she looked up at me and my eyes just filled up with tears. She was the most adorable little baby I had ever seen.
Working on maternity just made sense. I felt completely comfortable working with the mothers, and of course I loved the babies. A week ago I saw a birth and it was absolutely, completely beautiful. I helped hold the mom's leg and it was just amazing. I can't explain it. My eyes welled with tears when the mom held her girl for the first time. There is just something about this entire process that makes my heart swell inside.
Last night I saw a C-section being performed on a mom. I even thought that was beautiful. The doctors made the littlest incision and it was hard to believe that they pulled a big baby out of there from that little hole. It was amazing.
I am so sad that maternity is over, but I know for sure what type of job I will be looking for once I graduate. I even have contemplated going back to school in the future to be a midwife or delivery doctor.. who knows ;) But one thing is certain... this definitely isn't helping my I.W.A.N. syndrome...


No comments
Post a Comment