Monday, October 31, 2016

Arizona roadtrip! Stop #1: Phoenix

When we moved to New Mexico we made a little bucket list of places we wanted to go and see. Of course, the Grand Canyon was on that list! It is about 8 hours from here, so we knew it had to be a trip that spanned over a couple of days. At the end of October, we had four days off and took off for Arizona.

Trevor's aunt Debbie moved to Phoenix last year, so we stopped on the way to the Canyon! It was nice catching up with her and staying overnight with a familiar face. Plus, she has two pups that Timber could play with.

Let me just start out by saying that Arizona is BEAUTIFUL. New Mexico and Arizona are both desert, but Arizona has varying alititudes that create different landscapes throughout the state. In Phoenix you will see the the BIG cactuses that don't exist in New Mexico:
Trevor thought I was annoying because I was SO excited to see these. I kept saying, "Look at THAT cactus!" "Wow, look at that one!!"

But they are so cool! This girl from the northeast has never seen a cactus like that before.

But anyways, we arrived in Phoenix and Debbie greeted us with a bunch of good, home cooked food which was amazing. Debbie is like another mother to us, and she made me miss my mom. Because my mom always cooked yummy suppers every single night. I kinda hate cooking, so I definitely don't do it every night. But Trevor and I were super thankful for a good, home cooked meal (or three). Yep.

 ^On the road! For years, i've been buying Atlases. I love looking at them and seeing how all of the roads connect throughout the states. It's been super handy while we travel across the country!

More scenes from the road:





And here are some videos/pictures of our time in Phoenix with Debbie:






^Timber is officially losing his puppy coat. I've read online that some golden retrievers lose their puppy coat and come out 2 shades darker!





SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig