Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Colorado Springs trip part 2: Hiking in the Rockies!

Yesterday I wrote about why we came to the Springs and our trip there, but today is probably going to be my favorite post. We went on an amazing hike that was just breathtaking.

We woke up at like 6:30am ready to go for the day. As we were leaving, the guy that owns the apartment and lives upstairs was outside on his porch drinking coffee. We talked with him a little bit and asked him for a good hiking recommendation. He told us about a hike that was an hour away but promised us a gorgeous drive and a hike with stunning views.

We decided to go out to eat breakfast that morning. I did some research and found a place called "Over Easy" that had amazing reviews for breakfast. We stopped in there and had a really good breakfast! We both got stuffed french toast which was super good, I definitely would recommend it. I don't have any pictures because Trevor has been getting mad at me when I take pictures of everything ;) So you will just have to imagine how good this stuffed french toast looked.

After breakfast we left to go on the hike. The drive there did not disappoint. We drove through Manitou Springs and went up the mountain towards Divide, Colorado. Up there, all of the aspens were turning bright yellow and the views were incredible. I was taking photos at every turn, but pictures just don't do it justice:


When we got up into the mountains, it was pretty cold. About 50 degrees. We had to get all bundled up to go on this hike.



The hike was called "Pancake Rocks Trail" and Trevor kept joking about what kind of pancakes we would find at the end.

The trail was steep at some parts, but overall it wasn't too bad. There were a lot of people out on the trail. We passed a lot of dogs and I couldn't help but think that I would absolutely love to do a travel rotation in Colorado and take Timber on a lot of hikes. Some of the dogs we passed weren't even on leashes and Trevor and I were wondering when the day would come where we could trust Timber off a leash. He listens to us, but he LOVES people and will run up to anyone and everyone. We are still working on that with him ;)


Once we got to the end, the view was amazing.

It was super windy out there on the ledge though! We couldn't stay out too long because it was super cold. But the views were definitely worth the 7 mile hike!

I love Colorado so much and could hike almost every day. Even looking back on these pictures from last week I miss it already. Someday we will do a travel nurse rotation there!




SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig