I thought that since today Trevor and I have been married for 4 months (eek!), I would do a little update on how married life has been and include some questions that people have asked recently (plus I'll add in some other questions for fun!).
How is married life?
Trevor and I owned our house and lived together/traveled together before we were married. Needless to say, not much has changed! I can say that I take so much pride in saying "my husband" and I absolutely love having the same last name as him. It just makes me so happy! There is something so special about being officially married and know you are going to be with that person forever.
Is anything different now that you are married?
Like the answer above, not much has changed. However, Trevor has recently started snoring really super loud. He snored before, but I feel like recently he took it to the next level. There are times where he literally stops breathing and it wakes me up throughout the night, which it never did before. I will say that since we've got married, I've been experimenting in the kitchen with more elaborate meals and I think that we've both put on a couple pounds. I think this has to do with Trevor's snoring, so we are now eating healthy and exercising in attempt to lose a few ;)
How do you work on your marriage?
As soon as we got married, I read the book "The 5 Love Languages" and it was so interesting. It scares me so much to think about losing the love in our relationship because I am so happy with how our relationship is right now. We have been together for almost 5 years so I know we are out of the "honeymoon" phase. I hope that we can keep this deeper love that we have for each other forever. Needless to say, it's good for us to read marriage books now and start working on our marriage so we can be happy together for many many years to come.
What are your love languages and are they the same/different?
Trevor and I actually have the same love languages, which is why I believe our relationship has been successful so far without putting in much effort. Our top love language is "Acts of Service", and our second one is "Physical Touch". For Acts of Service, we both feel the most loved when the other person does something for one another. For example, I will cook him dinner, do the dishes, pack his lunches, do his laundry, etc and that makes him feel loved. For me, he mows the grass, changes my oil in my car, completes home projects for me, etc and that makes me feel loved.
Favorite thing you did on your honeymoon?
It's hard to choose, but I think I would say that the couples massage by a waterfall was my favorite with the volcano bike tour coming in close second. Trevor would definitely say the couples massage as well with snorkeling as his second favorite.
It's hard to choose, but I think I would say that the couples massage by a waterfall was my favorite with the volcano bike tour coming in close second. Trevor would definitely say the couples massage as well with snorkeling as his second favorite.
What are your plans for the next couple of years?
Our plans aren't set in stone, but we recently moved back home and are taking a break from traveling. I signed a 2-year contract at work so we will be here at least 2 years. We both love being at home, working on our house, and being close to friends and family. Who knows what we will do after 2 years? We may travel again but if we are happy, we might just stay right here.
What do you and your husband bicker about most? What do you compromise on?
I've found that when we spend too much time together we start to bicker with each other. It is usually over the silliest stuff, like Trevor has a habit of getting things out of the fridge and not putting them away, or leaving every single cupboard in the kitchen open. As for compromises, a major one is that Trevor is allergic to animals and i'm not. We have a cat and dog, so I constantly am sweeping, cleaning, grooming the animals, etc so it keeps his allergies at bay. I also bought a HEPA filter that eliminates allergens from the air.
Another one is that before we moved in together, I knew Trevor was a messy person. His bedroom at his parents house was an attest to that! It was constantly a train wreck. Therefore, I never expected him to become a neat freak when we moved in together. While I am trying to get him to be a little more tidy, I also know that I will probably spend the rest of my life cleaning up after him. Truth. (Love you babe.)
Our plans aren't set in stone, but we recently moved back home and are taking a break from traveling. I signed a 2-year contract at work so we will be here at least 2 years. We both love being at home, working on our house, and being close to friends and family. Who knows what we will do after 2 years? We may travel again but if we are happy, we might just stay right here.
What do you and your husband bicker about most? What do you compromise on?
I've found that when we spend too much time together we start to bicker with each other. It is usually over the silliest stuff, like Trevor has a habit of getting things out of the fridge and not putting them away, or leaving every single cupboard in the kitchen open. As for compromises, a major one is that Trevor is allergic to animals and i'm not. We have a cat and dog, so I constantly am sweeping, cleaning, grooming the animals, etc so it keeps his allergies at bay. I also bought a HEPA filter that eliminates allergens from the air.
Another one is that before we moved in together, I knew Trevor was a messy person. His bedroom at his parents house was an attest to that! It was constantly a train wreck. Therefore, I never expected him to become a neat freak when we moved in together. While I am trying to get him to be a little more tidy, I also know that I will probably spend the rest of my life cleaning up after him. Truth. (Love you babe.)
Most used wedding gift?
I would say it's a 3-way tie between our new dishes, our pots and pans, and the Amazon Echo (Alexa) that my parents got me. They all are used on a daily basis around here!
I would say it's a 3-way tie between our new dishes, our pots and pans, and the Amazon Echo (Alexa) that my parents got me. They all are used on a daily basis around here!
So, when are you having kids?
This is definitely the most asked question ;-). So, I definitely get my fair share of baby fever. Working around babies only increases this surprisingly, because you would think it would be the opposite. However, Trevor and I are both really enjoying this stage of life we are in right now. We love being selfish and spending money on ourselves, taking various vacations/trips a year, and we just simply couldn't live that lifestyle with a baby. We want to enjoy a couple years to ourselves, although we definitely dream of a family sometime in the future.


No comments
Post a Comment