Monday, March 19, 2012

the time I climbed 1,000+ steps and actually had a fun time doing it

What is up Mother Nature's sleeve? It is the middle of March and we have had weather in the 70's for a week now! And it's supposed to be gorgeous this week too! I seriously want to know what mother nature is doing here. Not complaining though!

Taking advantage of this weather, I have done so many outdoor activities in the past week. There is a hiking trail about 15mins from my house called the Thousand Steps. I've hiked this trail a couple times when I was little with my Uncle Doug and cousin Olivia, but Mariah had never gone before so we decided to go together.

The steps! They are man-made, obviously, but they were made years ago for workers to climb to the top of the mountain for sandstone. I can't believe people actually climbed these every day! Talk about killer leg muscles!
That moment when you don't realize how big you are until you see it in a picture. Yep. Time to get serious about my diet and exercise! (summer is only 3 months away!) Beautiful view though. haha :)
The Titanic pose. 
Tried to get a good jumping picture but Mariah got too scared! lol

#dramatic
Only like the picture above for the fact that my calf muscles look epic. There, I said it.

Climbing the 1000 steps feels like a huge accomplishment when you reach the top. The views are amazing!
SHARE:

2 comments

Megan said...

Wow...what amazing pictures! I wish that we had places like this where I lived!

Amy said...

You definitely do not look large in these pictures! But I totally know the feeling about needing to step it up. I'm trying to do the same thing! Looks like you had a great hike!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig