Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rainy Tuesday



Today was really nice and lazy. I woke up and drank some coffee and just enjoyed my day off. I decided to head outdoors and take some pretty rain pictures. Then I started a new book, made some tomato soup, and just laid around. Then this afternoon I got a random urge to watch Pocahontas, so I did. And I took a tiny nap in there too.

I believe that you need to have a really lazy day at least once every two weeks. Just a day to lay around in yoga pants, drink hot liquids, watch movies, read books, and spend the day with yourself. With my life being composed of nothing but work, this was great.

Recently, with everything that has been on my mind, I have been afraid to be alone with just my thoughts. I have tried to pick up as many shifts as I could so that I wouldn't have any time off so I could avoid this sort of situation. However, last night I had an epiphany. Why should I be spending my life in constant anxiety and fear? I've decided to start placing my stress into two categories: Things I can change, and things I cannot change. That way, I know what to actually stress about and what I need to lay in God's hands.

And today I didn't think about my problems. I decided to look beyond them. Look into the future. And the future is bright. I hope that in a few months I can look back at this stressful time and think, "Wow, what was I even stressing about?"
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig