I had my florist Susan create floral centerpieces on all of the tables. She mixed tall, short, and eclectic vases throughout. She also placed flowers various places throughout the barn, like the dessert table, the cake, and the memorial table.
Our table numbers were actually a DIY! I wanted wooden ones to display on the tables, but the ones on Etsy are soooooo ridiculously expensive. I found that I could make these at a fraction of the cost. I think I'll write a separate post on how my sister and I made them.
For our guestbook we had a polaroid guestbook. This was one of my favorite things we did! I ordered this book from Etsy and I had two of my good friends from work be the "guestbook attendants" and they were in charge of taking everyone's photo as they entered the reception. It is so nice to have both a picture of our guests, but then a cute little message written below it!
For our bar, my in-laws were in charge of it and did a fantastic job. It was basically a fully stocked bar with various liquors and mixers. Trevor and I chose our favorite mixed drinks and made them our signature cocktails. His was a cranberry vodka and mine was a beer margarita. I made this chalkboard sign to display our drinks, and they were a hit!
For our wedding favors, Trevor and I wanted to give something that people would actually want and not just leave behind on the tables. We decided to make homemade apple pie moonshine and we didn't have a single jar left anywhere in the venue. I spotted people walking away with armfuls of these!
When the DJ announced the parents and the bridal party in, we all came into the song "Thunder" by Imagine Dragons.
Before dinner, Clint and Carly both gave their "Best Man" and "Maid of Honor" speeches. Clint's was hilarious, and Carly's was so sweet.
Our catering team was absolutely phenomenal! I can't say enough good things about Rustic Catering. My mom actually heard about them through the grapevine from her work, and they were excellent! They were very professional and I've had handfuls of guests tell me that it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding! I couldn't recommend them enough. They also display their food in beautiful ways such as on wooden doors with chalkboard signs and little details that truly take it over the top.
They also set up a gourmet coffee station for our guests to enjoy with their dessert:
Our dessert bar was one of my favorites. Our cake and cupcakes were made by the fabulous Maddie Cakes out of Roaring Spring, PA. It was delicious! We had chocolate and vanilla cupcakes. Another thing that I was determined to have was a donut display. Trevor is obsessed with Krispy Kreme donuts, so much that he will devourer an entire dozen in a sitting. We displayed Krispy Kreme donuts on a peg board and also on trays on the table. My friend Lindsay made the "Treat Yo Self" banner! Finally, our Harry Potter cake topper was an Etsy find.
I also had a vision of our guests hanging out inside and outside of the barn. While I wanted people to dance, I also wanted them to have an option to hang out outside if the weather was nice. Trevor bought cigars that we displayed for our guests to enjoy and mingle outside.
Photography: Mountainside Photography / Venue: Gillbrook Farms / Florals: Susan's Floral Art / Caterer: Rustic Catering / Wooden Welcome Sign: OAKYdesigns / Polaroid Guestbook: PrintSmitten / Gold tapes for guestbook: LoveMyTapes / Harry Potter "Always" Cake Topper: Inked Icing / Cake and Cupcakes: Maddie Cakes
Other wedding posts:














































No comments
Post a Comment