Hey guys!
(I wrote this post last week and forgot to publish it! So here it is!)
Trevor and I were fortunate enough to get a week off work to come home over Labor Day weekend for Clint and Chelsey's wedding. We drove home with Kitty in tow and arrived back home on Thursday morning. We are switching animals this visit: Kitty is staying in PA this time and Timber is coming along with us to ride out our remaining time in Massachusetts. I wish I could have both animals with us, but our apartment is tiny and that makes it difficult because Timber and Kitty do not get along at all.
About the wedding: The weather was cold and rainy but that didn't stop it from being the most beautiful day ever. From our bridesmaid dresses, the tuxes, and the gorgeous flowers scattered throughout the venue, it all came together perfectly! Clint was handsome and Chelsey was so beautiful, and you could just see how much love they had for each other throughout the day. I'm so glad I got to be part of their special day!
Being home is bittersweet. The hardest part of traveling is being away from our friends, family, and home. This is the second year in a row that I am missing the fall season in Pennsylvania. While I will get to see the leaves change this year up in New England, I will miss all the fun aspects of decorating fall like buying pumpkins and mums for the house.
I would be lying if I told you that I've never considered quitting traveling and moving back home. Actually, my thoughts have been very conflicting this week as I struggle to think about leaving PA. On one hand, I am really excited to explore more of New England in the upcoming months. Trevor and I are visiting Cape Cod next week and at the end of the month we are spending a weekend in Burlington, Vermont for my birthday. We are also planning on visiting Maine for Trevor's birthday in October. However, the side of traveling that doesn't get discussed often is that it is lonely. I'm at that stage of life where I'm becoming such a homebody and I just want to be at home, cooking yummy dinners with Trevor and cleaning/organizing my house. It's also very hard to be away from friends and family. We miss birthdays and special events and it just plain sucks.
Part of me wants to continue traveling. I have a lot more cities on my bucket list, and traveling is a great way to pay off debt and see the country at the same time. Once we have kids, we won't have this opportunity! The other part of me wants to find a permanent job back home. Depending what day it is, you probably will get a different answer out of me as to what I want to do next.
Anyways, i'm planning on taking picture frames and decorations with me to Massachusetts to make it more "homey". I'm hoping that this will help my homesickness a bit. We will see!
No comments
Post a Comment