Saturday, December 29, 2018

2018, you were a good one. (+2019 goals!)

Don't be fooled by the graduation photo, it's a throwback from 2014!
2018, I wasn't expecting you to be this great. Every year when the ball drops at midnight and we start the New Year, I mourn a little bit for the year that passed. We will never have that year again! And I always think that there is no way the New Year will top the old one, but i'm always wrong. I'm going to reflect on the lows and highs of the year, and then throw in our 2019 goals at the end!

---------------------------------------

The Lows:
Trev's Back Surgery: 2018 really did have some struggles, Trevor's back surgery being #1. He is still on the mend, and i'm optimistic that 2019 will be the year he finally starts feeling better and getting back to his normal self. The doctor said that it takes 6 months for the bones in his spine to fuse together and that will be in February. I'm hoping that it will be all positive progress from that point on because as of right now, he's still in pain.

Our Debt Free Journey and being content: All year we've been on our debt free journey and i've been budgeting every single dollar towards bills and debt. We've made great strides in 2018 (goodbye student loans!), but we still have a ways to go. I put this on the "lows" list because it is hard for me to be content with what we have sometimes. I have so many ideas of things I want to do to our house but our budget restricts me to what I can spend. I'm excited for the day when we are debt free and I can be a little more lenient with my spending.

The first trimester: hahaha, is it appropriate to put this on the "lows" list? Pregnancy, you are wonderful, but the first trimester really kicks your ass. I'm so glad it's over.

---------------------------------------

The Highs:
Baby B: Of course I couldn't start my highlight list any other way. Even though it wasn't exactly according to plan, this baby is our biggest blessing yet and I can't wait to meet him in 2019!

Our Europe Trip: Gosh, I look back on that trip with so much joy because it was so. much. fun. I loved navigating different countries with Trevor and experiencing the cultures. I can't wait to plan our next trip in the future!

Finishing House Projects: We've made some great strides towards finishing more projects around our home. Our bathroom is just about complete, and I can't wait to share before and after pictures with you. Our 2019 house project list includes the nursery!

---------------------------------------

Goals for 2019:
1. Healthy baby, healthy momma. 
Gotta put this one at the top of the list, for sure. 

2. Become DEBT FREE!
We are on track to be debt free this year, and I could scream with excitement! We are super close to paying off the Jeep, and then the only thing left will be Trevor's student loans! This will be the first time in our marriage that we will be debt free, and we are planning on paying cash for everything and never taking out debt again.

3. Switching from plastics to glass/metal.
This is one of my little resolutions to be healthier. 2019 will be the year that I throw away all of our plastic containers and replace them with glass or metal. Plastics have been proven to release cancerous materials when they are heated, regardless if they are made with BPA or not. I also want to cut down our use of single use plastics because it is terrible for the environment.

---------------------------------------


2019, I have high expectations for you! I'm hoping you are our best year yet.
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig