Sunday, December 2, 2018

A little 20 week update

 Hi friends! I wanted to come on here and do a little 20 week update since so much has been happening this week.

First off, Baby B is officially halfway there! I can't believe that i'm halfway, the last 4.5 months have flown by. In the first trimester, I was literally counting down the days until I hit 12 weeks. I have a planner at work and every day I would anxiously cross off another day, just counting down until I hit that magic 12 week number.

Once 12 weeks hit, then I was excited for the start of the 2nd trimester and the end of the nausea.
Since that, I haven't been counting the days as closely and they truly seem to be flying by. Every day I wake up and feel bigger than the day before. I didn't know that my belly button could stretch so much (haha), and my once innie belly button is now stretched so much that it is flat with my stomach.

Even though I'm halfway, April still seems like a lifetime away. My friend Janelle told me that once the New Year hits, it will probably seem a lot closer and she's probably right.

So the fun stuff! I've been feeling the baby moving for several weeks now, but it seemed like the past two weeks he's really gotten bigger/stronger in there because I'm now feeling more distinct kicks instead of just flutters. He's strong enough that I can now see the kicks from the outside of my belly, and Trevor actually felt a kick today! I was so excited that he was finally able to feel the baby move.

Another big thing that happened: Trevor and I finally decided on a name for this little guy. I love the name so so much and he loves it too. We have decided that we are going to keep the name a secret until birth, because something has to be a surprise! Plus, when you share a name you receive a bunch of un-welcomed opinions and i'm just not about that. Especially when it took us so long to decide on a name.. I just don't want anyone's opinion making me feel a certain way. Trevor and I celebrated the picking of a name with some ice cream tonight and i'm just so happy.

On Thanksgiving & Black Friday, Carter's was having a huge sale. I hadn't bought any baby clothes prior to that, so I allowed myself to pick up a few things while the sale was going on. The clothes came in the mail yesterday and I may have teared up opening everything. I can't believe i'm going to have a human small enough to fit into this stuff!

I'm probably not going to buy anything else until after my baby shower so I can see what else I need before the little guy gets here!

Other baby news: Our 20 week ultrasound is bright and early tomorrow morning. I am so excited to see our baby again. It's so fun to watch him move and stretch in there and I honestly could just stare at the screen all day. We are also finding out if everything is normal and developing the way it should, so I'm praying we receive good news of a healthy baby.

We put up our Christmas tree after Thanksgiving and everyone around the house is loving it:


When our basement flooded in the spring, all of our Christmas stuff got ruined. It was a sad day.. so now we have to start all over again collecting ornaments and other decor. I bought this tree from Walmart this year and I love the flocked look.

Trevor and I have also been hanging out a lot with our friends that have recently had babies. It's fun to watch them interact with their babies and know that that will be us in only 4 months!

Right now baby boy is kicking around after I ate some ice cream. Time for a bath and get ready for bed so we can wake up bright and early for our ultrasound! Over and out.
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig