Tuesday, March 1, 2011

training for Nashville

As we enter March, it's time to get more serious about my marathon training. I've been training since January, but it hasn't been very vigorous running. I'm about to enter weeks where I'll be running 20+ miles a week. After all, the race is at the end of April! This means saying goodbye to my precious junk food :(

No more chips, candy, and soda.

But it will be worth it in the end when I cross that finish line.

Somedays when I have to run, I dread it. Sometimes I just say to myself, "Nah I don't think I can run today."But then I think about how I will feel if I skip the marathon, and I see Mariah heading off to Tennessee without me. And I don't like that idea at all.

And then I think about myself crossing the finish line in Nashville, taking those glorious pictures, crossing this off my bucket list, and remembering this for the rest of my life.
And that is enough to make myself get off the couch and go train.

So from here on out, I'm going to be totally serious with this training. Eat the right stuff, get the right amount of sleep, and never miss a training day. And then I can have an awesome, memorable weekend in Country Music City with this girl:


60 Days until Nashville!
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig