Hey guys!
I'm just popping in to say that not that much has been going on around these parts lately, although Trevor and I have taken a couple day trips to some beautiful places that I want to write about. We are finally getting internet hooked up on Thursday (hallelujah!) and I will be posting more regularly after that. I really am excited to share some pictures with you and tell some tales of how New Mexico is going.
We really are enjoying ourselves out here so far. We finally got paid, so we are comfortable again. It is nearing the end of August and it is still super hot during the day most days, although some days are in the 80's and it feels amazing. I walk outside and it feels like 70, but it's really 84 with no humidity. Trevor and I went golfing the other day (and by went golfing I mean he golfed and I rode in the cart) and it was a gorgeous day, about 85 but you couldn't tell. Trevor really wasn't even sweating. At least the heat out here is comfortable.
We have our work schedules coordinated so that we both work the same days, and it is nice. We usually work three 12's in a row and then have a couple days off. We've joined a gym so we've been working out to pass time and also have been watching TV on our phones. We also have been checking out all the local places to eat around here which are all Mexican (surprise!) but it's a good thing I LOVE Mexican food and could eat it every day. There's a little sports bar within walking distance of our house that has specials every day, and on Tuesdays they have "Taco Tuesdays" where you can get tacos for a dollar. We went a week ago and Trevor ate 11 tacos!! They were good though haha.
As for shopping, there isn't any at all around here. The nearest mall is an hour away, and it doesn't even have my favorite stores. I'm using this as an incentive to try to save money ;-) Hopefully it works! This town isn't small, but it isn't big either. I'm really not sure what everyone around here does for fun. The drug rate is extremely low in this town and among the Mexican/Americans in general which is so nice, making this a low crime area. The poverty is high, but you really can't tell. However, shopping at the grocery stores and other places is super cheap and it's nice because we are saving money that way too!
We have a couple trips planned over the next couple months. We are coming home for a week in September for my cousin Emily's wedding. Then at the end of September we may be going to visit our friends Tyler and Emily in Colorado for my birthday weekend! In the beginning of October we want to go to the hot air balloon festival in Albuquerque, and then for Trevor's birthday he mentioned that he wanted to go to Vegas! So we may make a long weekend out of that and visit the Grand Canyon and Vegas all in one trip.
So yeah! There's a quick update on what's going on with us. Internet on Thursday and then more posts/pictures to follow! I also am planning on throwing a couple wedding posts in here every now and then for fun, because I am so excited about it. Because I really have nothing to do now I've been wedding planning like crazy. I want to start crafting and doing DIY projects but Trevor says that he isn't hauling that stuff all the way back to PA ;-) party pooper.
Hilary
No comments
Post a Comment