A couple weeks ago I talked about how I wrote an apology letter to someone who I had hard feelings towards, really for no reason. I was still debating whether or not to send it. Well, on Saturday I officially sent it. And I feel so much better.
The letter was to a girl who used to be my friend, and we let stupid drama get in between us. It wasn't all my fault and it wasn't all of hers either, it kinda just snowballed on both sides, and we were both responsible. I talked nasty about her behind her back, she talked nasty about me, it wasn't a pretty situation. The fighting was all silent too, because we were as nice as can be to each other's faces. But deep down we knew we both didn't like each other.
Yuck. I am not that person... I hate drama! I have always tried my best to stay out of it. But senior year it was unavoidable.
So I sent a huge apology letter to her. And you know what? She sent me a long one back! :) We finally explained to each other how we hurt each other's feelings, and how we were both sorry about what we'd done. And let me just tell you, I feel 100% better about everything. I can finally move on from it! And I really hope we can be friends in the future. I really can't begin to tell you how happy I am that we both apologized to each other. :)
So, if you find yourself in one of these situations, I really suggest you apologize and move on with your life. I can finally look forward, instead of being stuck in the past. It feels amazing! :)

4 comments
That's amazing. I'm so impressed with your ability to be honest and open about such a big issue. Right now I feel like I'm losing my best friend (a guy actually). It's tough. You must be a big person to step up and apologize. Yay for you! I hope you and your friend can move forward from this point!
thanks for checking out my blog! And yes, it took a lot of thinking on my part if I was really going to send it, but I'm so glad I did. Good luck with your guy friend, I hope everything turns out for you!
Good for you-- that was very mature of you!
As for the kebobs, I just buy a package of beef stew bits and a package of skinless chicken tenders, red, green and yellow bell peppers, red onion, and a package of bella mushrooms. oh yeah, and a pineapple!!!
All you do is chop your veggies into long slices and then layer it on the skewer... I marinated my skewers with KC masterpiece honey teriyaki for about an hour.... then, you just pop them on the grill for about 15-20 minutes, flipping and basting every so often!
YUM! Let me know if you make them! Or better yet, take pics and blog about it! ;)
Wow that is so awesome! I'm proud of you for pushing your own ego aside and taking the higher road. You are a great example to us all. Saying "I'm sorry" and forgiving is not always an easy thing to do!
Post a Comment