Monday, April 4, 2011

"Love the life you live, live the life you love."

I found that quote today, and it is very true.
What is the point of living if you're not happy and having a great time?

This quote brings up several issues I've been thinking about lately.

1. Obsessing over body image. This is actually something I have trouble with, I mean what girl doesn't? But lately I've realized that it's got to stop. If you are never happy until you are "skinny" or have the perfect body, you may NEVER be happy. And like I said, what's the point in living an unhappy life? I believe the most important thing is to healthy and fit. Like right now I'm definitely not the skinniest person out there by any means, but I'm in great shape right now. On the BMI scale I'm also considered at a healthy weight and far off from being "overweight", so there really is nothing to worry about.


2. You can't fully love someone until you completely love youself first. This one ties in with #1, but I find it true. If you are so busy thinking, "Why would anyone like me, I'm ugly (fat, boring, etc.)" then really, who is going to love that? You aren't going to be fully committed in a relationship if you can only give 50% because to other 50% is spent worrying and agonizing your own self. Also, if you tend to be more positive about yourself and love yourself, others will think the same way about you.

3. Set goals, and then go after them. Okay, this has recently hit me as being a very important issue. What do you want to do with your life? Have you always dreamed of living somewhere different? Have you been thinking about possibly traveling? Or quitting your job? Going after your dream career? Or even do adventurous things such as swim with dolphins, scuba dive, or sky dive. Do it. It's not too late. I have a list of things I would love to do before I die, and I'm always adding to it. I'm really big on traveling, and I would love to visit different countries. DO IT! You only live once! Save up the money.

4.  Cut it out with the negativity! We all know people who complain about everything. They complain if it's cold outside, but when it gets warm, they complain that they are too hot. Please... stop. What is the use of complaining? It just puts you in a bad mood and it doesn't make people want to be around you. Sure, I understand a little complaining here and there, but not constantly. Think about what is good in your life, and be thankful for that. Things could be much worse. (Yes, I understand that I was just complaining about people complaining, forgive me)

5. Break out of the rut. People are creatures of habit, and we tend to do things the same day after day. Perhaps you go to bed at the same time every night, maybe eat the same things every day, etc. My goal is to try to do things differently, and see the world a little different. Sure, I love to be on a regular schedule. There is something soothing about knowing what is going to come next. But... chances are you could be missing out on some great opportunities if you are always stuck doing the same thing every day. Pick up a new hobby, take a new class, rearrange your house.

6. Look around you. I've really have been noticing the beauty of nature lately, especially the contour of the mountains. My favorite mountain is out by Matt's house, and it is the steepest mountain I've seen in PA. I love to look at it, and I always tell Matt that I want to climb it. Some mountains are curvy and some are just a straight curve. But, I realize that I really do live in a beautiful place, and sometimes I just take advantage of it. I love sights like these:






All pictures above were taken by me. :)

7. Relax. I really need to do this. I guess I'm somewhat relaxed when I blog because I can put all of my thoughts right here, so they somewhat feel organized. But, often times we rush rush rush around everywhere, doing things for others and never just for ourselves. Read a book, take a bubble bath, paint, take a walk, wake up early and watch the sun rise, do things for you.



Alright. Wow, it's amazing how I read that little quote above and I got all of this from that. Now I'm off to live by my words. :)
SHARE:

2 comments

Maggy said...

thanks for stopping by, glad you like the ol blog! I like your list - it's always a good thing to remember. I love the last photo too!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Beautiful pictures!!!

Newest follower! Thanks for visiting me, too!

www.barefootbysea.blogspot.com

Blogger Template Created by pipdig