I love Easter.
On Easter, we travel 2 hours to go to my Pap's house. Now, let me tell you, Pappy's house isn't like a normal grandparent's house, not at all. There has to be at least 30 people there, every holiday. Most of them aren't my relatives, but we consider them all family! See, my pap runs a foster home, so there are always about 5 foster kids there. But that's not it, they also adopted 2 foster kids who are now my aunt and uncle (I love them so much), and they are thinking about adopting 2 more. But that STILL isn't it. There are foster kids from the past that come back for the holidays. There are people who got married to someone in the family and then got divorced, but they still come back even though they aren't technically related to anyone anymore. There are also neighbors that come in, boyfriends, dogs, and other random friends that stop in.
And Pappy and Nanny welcome everyone into their house. That's why everyone comes back, because they are so nice. I'll have to dedicate a post to them in the future. But, this place is a mad house. Everyone is pretty crazy and has a really good sense of humor, so we're always playing tricks on each other. I wish I would have taken a picture of everyone eating, or at least everyone together, but I didn't. I did get pictures of the Easter Egg hunt though:
The little boy is Tristan. He is 1, and he is one of the foster kids they are trying to adopt. They have had him since he was a newborn, and Pappy has a soft spot for babies. :)
This is Paige. She is another foster child they are considering adopting because they have had her since she was a newborn also. She told me she couldn't get her picture taken because her hands were dirty! hehe.
Tristan wanted to pick a flower for Paige :)
How adorable! Don't you love how dirty little kids faces can get? Especially on Easter with all that chocolate!
How adorable is he. I personally like his green ear that matches his outfit. Carly told me that he tried to put chalk in his ear, that's why it was colored.
Tristan and Carly. He is seriously the most adorable little boy ever!
So my Easter was pretty good. I love my family, my extended family, and friends who all make an appearance on Easter. That's why this is one of my favorite holidays.

4 comments
So glad you like the Steelers too!! :) Looks like you had a great Easter! :)
Love your blog too and would love to keep in touch!
Feel free to follow me =]
Rorie
http://imperfectobsession.blogspot.com/
Beautiful PICS! & What a sweet sweet card from your love. :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I love nursing!! and will be done college in three day!! It was hard and alot of work but I love it. Good lucky with everything!
Please stop by more or follow my blog!
http://itzalovestory.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment